This is a long overdue review of the Innisfree Skinny Microcara… Hmm… Microcara? Yes, you heard it right! But don’t freak out its just mascara.
Innisfree is a Korean cosmetic brand owned by Amore Pacific. It has stores in South Korea, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Singapore. (Yes, the info came from Wikipedia!)
When I started learning to apply makeup I was never a mascara girl. During those times I was naive about everything about makeup; seriously, during those times I didn’t know that there are waterproof makeups. Also, I was afraid to put on mascara because 1) I was afraid that I’ll poke my eye with the wand and 2) I was more afraid that it will smudge making me look like a panda’s daughter. Then I slowly learn more about what certain makeup can do for you, I quickly bought one for me to practice with.
To be honest this is my second mascara, the first mascara that I purchased was from Nichido, a local cosmetic brand, which I only used indoor or if I need to practice my makeup skills since it stings and irritates my eyes if I left it for too long.
I first heard about this product while I was watching Bubzbeauty on YouTube and practically beg my mom to buy one for me among some other Korean cosmetics that I would like to try when she visited Korea.
What I like about this product:
- It does not smudge or melt during the day
- It does not irritate my eyes
- It has a 2.5mm wand, so small an so thin, which I really, really love and great for small Asian eyes
- It provides a natural looking lashes, not too dramatic like a volumizing mascaras do
- It stays for about 5-6 hours.
- Easy to apply on bottom lashes
- Can be used daily and easy to remove
- It does not clump
What I don’t like about this product
- It is not available in the Philippines. Though you can order/purchase it online.
I am really pleased with this product; in fact it is my favourite mascara as of the moment. It would just be great if it is widely available. Will I repurchase the product? Definitely if it would be available.
I was searching online and found out that Innisfree Skinny Mircocara has a waterproof version already available. Hope I would be able to try it out soon. ^_^
‘Til next time