I had heard a lot of differences between Korean BB cream vs American BB creams but I am not the type of person who would easily believe in hearsay (at least I try as much not to.) Most especially with skin care products and/or makeup because I do believe that each one of us has different skin types and we all have different opinions and taste; a product that you are using might not give the same results when I use it.
I love using BB creams because it is easy to use especially if you are like me who is always in a hurry. It is an all in one product plus Korean BB creams provide coverage from sheer to full coverage just like foundation. It also feels light on the face and will not give you that cakey look.
I purchased Revlon Photoready BB Cream because it was on sale and at that time I was unemployed and ran out of BB cream to use. That was the only product that I found that will suit my budget at that time. Original price is Php 725 around $ 10 was able to buy it Php 250 or around $ 6. I’ve got the shade Light
Anyways, like most products that I purchase I would do my research first then decide if I should buy the product or not. I did find that there were some good and bad reviews about Revlon Photoready BB Cream but as I said I already ran out of BB cream plus I really got curious as to try and experience the so called difference between the Korean BB cream and American BB cream.
REVLON PHOTOREADY BB CREAM™ SKIN PERFECTOR is a lightweight, multi-benefit Beauty Balm that combines skincare, makeup, and sunscreen into one step.
- HYDRATES like moisturizer
- SMOOTHES like primer
- COVERS like foundation
- BLURS FLAWS like concealer
- PROTECTS with SPF 30 like sunscreen Translucent photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light so skin looks radiant and perfected in any light
Ingredients: Aqua ((Water) Eau), Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Isostearic Acid, Boron Nitride, Alumina, Zinc Gluconate, Sodium Hyaluronate
I have tried using the product multiple times. The first time,
I thought that maybe it was because I didn’t put any moisturizer and setting powder but still the results were all the same. Sadly, this product does not suit my skin type.
- It feels heavy and oily on my skin and with the hot humid weather here in the Philippines I don’t think I would wear something heavy and oily on my face on a daily basis.
- It oxidizes after an hour leaving my face looking like a burnt cookie or one of the Oompa Loompa people.
- Although, the product description on their website states it covers like a foundation, it does not cover at all.
- It has that weird smell that I never experienced with Korean BB creams before.
- I like how it has SPF 30 which helps to protect the skin from harmful sun rays.
Will I purchase the it again? No. I prefer Korean BB creams.
As I said earlier, we all have different skin types. Products that didn’t work out for me does not necessarily mean that it also won’t work out for you. I am just stating here the experience I had with this product.
Have you tried the Revlon Photoready BB Cream? What are your thoughts about the product? Let me know at the comment section.