Hello! Nice to be back. How’s everyone doing?
Achara is a Filipino side dish which is perfect to pair with barbeques, fried dishes, seafoods but mostly for grilled dishes. One of my favorite side dishes that I thought was really complicated to make until I tried making it myself.
3C green papaya, shredded
1/2C carrots, shredded
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
2 1/2C white vinegar
- After shredding papaya, rinse thoroughly and wring out the water.
- Boil vinegar, sugar and salt altogether.
- In a large bowl, mix together papaya, carrots, bell pepper, garlic.
- Pour in vinegar mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pack in sterilized or clean container and refrigerate.
Would be great if you let it sit overnight before serving.
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. ^_^