Kangkong, potatoes and carrots for snack time anyone? Kangkong is also known as water spinach. Carrots and potatoes are both root crop vegetables. When three are combined it can make into a delicious snack.
Potatoes, cut in wedge
Carrots, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup water
1 cup cooking oil for frying
- In a large bow, combine flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper and water.
- Pat dry the kangkong leaves and dredge in cornstarch to help batter stick into the leaves. Do the same for the carrots and potatoes.
- Heat up oil using medium low heat.
- Dip each kangkong leaves, potatoes, and carrots into the batter. Cook in batches; kangkong leaves, then poatao then carrots.
- Drop in oil one by one without over crowding your pan.
- Cook until golden brown and set it on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Arrange vegetables on a plate. Serve while hot and crispy.
Try this simple recipe and let me know what you think.