Aside from your daily skin care routine another way to take care of your skin is by facial massage. It may sound like a luxury but facial massage can be done at the comfort of your home.
Some benefits of facial massage
- Increases blood circulation
Massaging your face helps bring oxygen to your face thus increases production of collagen which gives a healthy and natural glow that helps improves your skin’s complexion
- Relieves tension
Just like body massages; face massage also relieves tension. Massages gives a feeling of pleasure and relaxation which can rejuvenate mind and gives you a healthy skin that can also help in improving your mood.
- Detoxifies skin
Face massage helps in flushing out toxins from your body, making skin healthy and glowing. It also helps in combating acne.
- Natural face lift
We all want to look young most especially if age lines and wrinkles are showing. Since facial massage helps bring oxygen to your face which is a natural form of anti-aging treatment which means it reduces aging symptoms.
- Better absorption of creams
Face creams can really be expensive; doing facial massage especially during the night can help in absorbing the creams you put on your face.
- Helps avoid puffy face
Since face massage helps to eliminate bad toxins out of your body; it also helps you avoid puffy face.
How to start?
- You would want to start after removing your makeup, cleanse face and towel dry.
- Apply massaging cream or oil onto face.
- Massage in spiral motion from centre of face outwards towards the temple.
- To massage upper eyelids, slide the fingers outwards from the bridge of the nose. For lower eyelids, slid fingers outwards in an arc as if ironing out the fine lines at the corners of the eyes.
- Slide fingers downwards along the bridge of the nose then move the fingers carefully up and down along the nostrils. Around the mouth, massage above and below the lips in turn, sliding the fingers from the centre outwards.
- For the cheeks, move in spiral motion from jawline to temples.
- Stroke the nape of neck downwards.
- Be gentle when applying pressure to your face especially in delicate areas. Too much tugging of skin can result in wrinkles.
- Always do the face massages in upward motion as this helps lifting your face.
- After massage wipe cream or oil off face with a tissue or rinse with lukewarm water then proceed with normal skincare routine.