Just like our skin lips need some TLC most especially during the cold season or extremely hot weather. As we all know not being able to take care of our lips would end up being chapped and dry which can really be painful and can also blacken the lips. Here are some ways to help in taking care of our lips.
- Exfoliate: just like our skin, exfoliating your lips will help remove dead layers of skin and help regenerate regrowth of skin.
- Lip balm/coconut oil or olive oil: Applying lip balm, coconut oil or olive oil will help hydrate and maintain moisture to your lips
- Do not smoke: smoking can darken lips and cause wrinkles on or around lips; quitting or not smoking at all would mean healthy lips
- Sunscreen: Lips are also skin it also need protection from the sun’s harmful rays. Applying sunscreen can help in protecting it from the sun.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of water. Stay hydrated at all times. Not only is this good for your lips but your whole body as well.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Ensure to get appropriate amount of vitamins and minerals by maintaining healthy diet or supplementing your diet with multivitamins
How do you take care of your lips?