How’s your Valentine? I spent my Valentine’s day together with my fur babies. Hey, who says that Valentine’s day is for romantic couples only? Singles can have as much fun as couples be on V day, right?
Since I was home alone that day I decided to have a movie marathon and whip up something for our “datenight”. Yeah, I know it sounds pathetic but then I really don’t mind spending it with my fur babies, I had great time with them. Anywho, here’s the recipe.
1 tbsp oil
2 red onions, chopped
3 clove garlic, chopped
1 whole bell pepper (green or red), diced
1 whole zucchini, diced
2 whole eggplant, diced
3 medium tomato, chopped
1 tsp dried basil
5 whole potato, mashed
75 grm grated cheese
150ml all-purpose cream
1/4 cup chicken stock
Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 170 C/340 F.
- Stove top, heat oil in pan, saute garlic and onions then add tomatoes and bell pepper.
- Add zucchini and eggplant. Add basil, stir well.
- Pour chicken stock and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Add all-purpose cream and stir well. Bring to boil. Set aside.
- Pour vegetable mixture in oven dish. Top with mashed potato and cheese.
- Place in oven for 30-40 minutes or until cheese melts and/or golden.
Have you tried this dish before? How did you spent your V day?