So, my nephew paid me a visit last week, when I say “visit” it meant I need to babysit him for the day. But I really don’t mind taking care of that little menace. Anyways, whenever he do stop by to “visit” me, I always make sure to cook something delicious and as much as possible healthy food for him to nibble or eat. The problem with my nephew is that he tends to be really picky when it comes to food. For that day, I decided to cook mixed veggies for him. You can use any vegetables that you have on hand. But for this recipe I used:
½ cup string beans, sliced diagonally
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, sliced
½ cup carrots cut to strips
¾ cup Chinese Tofu, cut to strips
¼ cup ground chicken (optional)
1 cup water
3 cloves garlic
1 cup vinegar
5 tbsp soy sauce
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch dilute in ¼ cup water
- In a pan, sauté garlic and onion in oil until fragrant
- Add ground chicken, cook until no longer pink
- Add tofu, carrots and string beans, cook for 5 minutes
- Season with salt. Remove from heat.
For the sauce:
- In a saucepan, add water, vinegar, soysauce, garlic and sugar. Let mixture boil over low heat.
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook until thick. Remove from heat
- The taste of the sauce should be sweet-sour style. You can adjust the amount of ingredients according to your taste.
You can omit the ground meat if you are into a vegetarian diet but since I am cooking this for my nephew I added the meat to make it more appetizing for him. You also have the option to wrap the vegetable mixture in a spring roll wrapper before serving or just serve it as it is with rice.
Do you have any healthy dish you want to share? Let me know at the comment section below.
Other Social Media
Facebook Page and Instagram – @caileesze