Hello lovely dolls, it’s the month of June, my birth month! And also start of the rainy season here in the Philippines. Anywho, something that never goes out style when it comes to make up trend would be the “no … Continue reading
Category Archives: beaushion
Summer here in the Philippines can be really scorching hot, that’s the reason why for me fresh face is a must. I am very much into the makeup free look for this season. Some of my beauty essentials for this … Continue reading
Hello, hello lovely people! How’s your week? I hope it was fantastic! This is one of those long overdue review of mine. Yeah, I really need to stop procrastinating most of the times. So, here’s a review of L’oreal Color … Continue reading
I believe that the one commitment that we will never regret is taking care of our skin most especially our face. It is really important that we take care of the kin to avoid premature wrinkles. I did a … Continue reading
Aloe vera is such an amazing plant. It has so many uses and has many benefits. It is usually found in consumer products including beverages, medicines and skin care line. I personally use aloe vera gel as moisturizer and on my hair. But can also be use in many other things. I must say I am really obsess with this and really recommend it.
Store bought aloe vera gel can sometimes be expensive and aside from that it contains chemicals that may be harsh on skin most especially if you have sensitive skin. This is one of the reasons why I decided to give it a try to make my own aloe gel and also since we do have the aloe vera plant just right at our backyard. Also, you will be in control of what products you can add on your gel.
You can actually use the aloe vera plant straight from the plant. Simply take a leaf of aloe vera plant and peel the leaves; you will only need the white part or the gel, apply it directly on your face or skin as moisturizer or as all natural sunburn healer. Or put on your hair to make your hair thicker. You can also put it in a blender and drink it (my dad used to force me to drink it as it has many benefits for the the health.)
I listed below how I made my own aloe vera gel. But before starting make sure that you wash your hands and use clean tools to avoid contamination of the aloe vera gel.
1/4 cup of fresh aloe vera gel
1/8 tsp of lemon juice
1 tbsp of coconut oil
Food processor or blender
- Rinse the aloe leaf before peeling the green portion of the leaf. We would only need the white part or the gelof the plant.
- Scope out the gel of the plant using a spoon of knife.
- In the blender, combine aloe vera gel lemon juice and coconut oil. Blend well.
- Transfer in container and refrigerate.
The lemon juice will act as preservative for your aloe vera gel and can be stored up to two months, refrigerated. Without the lemon juice you can only store the aloe vera gel for a week. You can use 500mg of vitamin C or 400 IU of vitamin E for every 1/4 cup of fresh aloe vera gel. The coconut oil will act as skin moisturizer and also add a tropical smell to your aloe gel. You can substitute other natural oil of your preference or can also omit the oil if you wish. After blending the aloe vera gel it will look foamy but it is okay. Remember to keep it refrigerated.
Have you tried using aloe vera gel?
Hello everyone! Happy New Year! What you all been up to? It has been a while since I did a review. For this post I will be reviewing Skinfood Mineral Sugar Blend Eyes, my first eye shadow palette. My sister gave this to me as a present when she got back from South Korea for a vacation.
The eye shadow case is plastic and brown in color, top cover is metallic coated while bottom part is glossy. It also comes with small plastic cover for the eye shadows which has the shades name and a nice mirror.
I’ve got the shade of #02 OrangePound Palette; more on the earthy tones. It comes with six shades:
- Pound Cake – Matte, dark brown color; great as shading and as eyebrow powder
- Almond Powder – Semi- shimmer, light brown color; great as layer shade
- Vanilla Sugar – shimmery pink color; great as under eye and inner eye highlights
- Simple Syrup – shimmery white color; great as under eye and inner eye highlights
- Orange Peel – matte, orange color; great as layer shade
- Pecan Powder – matte, orange-y brown color; great as layer shade
It is a good starter eye shadow palette, very pigmented and a brush that comes along with this palette (good for picking up the product and patting it on.) They blend very easily with a blending brush.
I am satisfied with this palette. It has basic shades to get you started and the shades are great for your morning makeup or if you simply want a natural makeup look. It is also available in other shades.
I hope you find this review helpful. Have you try this product before? What are your thoughts about this? What other products have you tried? Let me know in the comment section below.
Just like our skin lips need some TLC most especially during the cold season or extremely hot weather. As we all know not being able to take care of our lips would end up being chapped and dry which can really be painful and can also blacken the lips. Here are some ways to help in taking care of our lips.
- Exfoliate: just like our skin, exfoliating your lips will help remove dead layers of skin and help regenerate regrowth of skin.
- Lip balm/coconut oil or olive oil: Applying lip balm, coconut oil or olive oil will help hydrate and maintain moisture to your lips
- Do not smoke: smoking can darken lips and cause wrinkles on or around lips; quitting or not smoking at all would mean healthy lips
- Sunscreen: Lips are also skin it also need protection from the sun’s harmful rays. Applying sunscreen can help in protecting it from the sun.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of water. Stay hydrated at all times. Not only is this good for your lips but your whole body as well.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Ensure to get appropriate amount of vitamins and minerals by maintaining healthy diet or supplementing your diet with multivitamins
How do you take care of your lips?